Podcast: Play in new window
Blogging Pro Chris Garrett - Expert In Helping Others
Running Time: 29:25
Podcast:Subscribe |Play on mobile | Download |
“The best future available to us is a future where you contribute your true self and your best work. Are you up for that?” – Linchpin
Chris Garrett on Twitter
Chris lives in Calgary, Canada and is a proud father and happy husband. Chris works in the New media and on-line marketing world and does it without sounding like a sleezeball. You can find him at ChrisG.com and on Twitter at ChrisGarrett
You’re going to want to learn more from Chris if you’re hearing him for the first time so head over to Chrisg.com where he’s got some awesome goodies for you like - “Creating Killer Flagship Content & Authority Alliances”
I’ve been following Chris’ writing and products for a few years now but a recent post called Moving The Fear Line convinced me that you needed to hear from Chris. I’ve always found Chris to be very humble and also immensely talented so we’re going to talk about FEAR, HUMILITY AND TALENT with Chris. Sound good Chris?
“Rather than let fear dictate our actions we should instead seek to grow our comfort zones and experiences so we are better able to handle situations that come up.
- Seth Godin writes a lot about giving yourself permission, when did you give yourself permission to become a blogging authority?
- “You have been brainwashed by school and by the system into believing that your job is to do your job and follow instructions. It’s not, not anymore.”
What were the things you did to grow your influence?
- “Everyone has a little voice inside of their head that’s angry and afraid. That voice is the resistance—your lizard brain—and it wants you to be average (and safe)”
What were you afraid of when you were first starting your career as a blogger?
What are you afraid of now?
- The idea of a Linchpin is someone who is unique and therefore indispensable.
Is there still space in blogging for new Linchpins? New voices?
- Who influences you on-line and how do you keep growing when you’re an authority in a given field?
I’d love to hear what you took away from today’s episode so go to TakePermission.com and find the Linchpin Podcast in our business podcasts category and let me know.
You can hear this episode and all the past episodes of the Linchpin Podcast on the Take Permission Media Network at TakePermission.com. If you’d like to support the network then when you’re on the site click on “Support TPMN” and you’ll find out exactly how to do that.
If you’ve got some feedback about this episode, a suggestion for a future episode or some general feedback you can call us at 615-200-TAKE 615-200-8253 or email us at email@example.com
Thanks again to Chris Garrett for being out guest today and remember to check him out at ChrisG.com
We Appreciate Your Feedback:
Call in Feedback to 615-200-TAKE(8253)
Click Here to Send Us An Email
Click Here to Leave a Review on iTunes