Right-click here to download the episode or listen on your mobile device
Josh Gordon, his wife and their kids don’t want to conform. You can follow their journey at www.TheNonConformistFamily.com to see how they’re shaping their lives into the ones they want to live. Here are some thoughts from Josh from the episode.
Follow Josh on Twitter at NonConformistPa
– I felt we were supposed to be different and I think every family is supposed to be different.
– Our family is not just for us
– Dan Miller – 48days To The Work You Love Podcast – LINK
– Life doesn’t just have to be the way we saw it.
– I could build a life around my family rather than just existing in the same template life everyone else had.
– Look at every action and ask the question, “Why do we do this?” – Church, friends etc.
– Obligation is not a reason to do something
– We decided to do things we wanted to do.
– Do The Work – Steven Pressfield
– Started as a web site that would serve as accountability for goals
– Weekend of coolness and skullduggery
– You don’t have to do everything that our culture is doing.
– Coffee is something I love. It’s not an addiction but I appreciate it. Once you’ve had a taste for something great you can’t dumb down your taste. I want our site to be great. I want it to be something that changes the way people think, that opens up possibilities.
– I want us to be people that other people want to be around.
– A scene from Jaws inspires Josh to take the right actions in front of his kids.
– There needs to be underground love, that’s deeper.