Running time: 20:00
Right-click here to download the episode or listen on your mobile device
- List your best friends – These are the people who would help you move.
- How long have they been married?
- How many kids do they have?
- Do you trust them to parent your children?
- How many times have they been married?
- How often do they talk about their spouse/marriage?
- How often do they ask you about your marriage?
- I believe our friend’s marriages have more of an influence than our parents marriages.
- They can point us back to our spouses or pull us away from them.
- They can be objects of lust for us or places of encouragement to love our spouse better.
- I have heard of way too many people who met in “small groups” from church or were friends with someone else’s spouse and then some strange love swap happens.
- Emotional connections should happen with the same gender – PERIOD
- I’m not advocating sitting around and talking about your feelings all day long. I’m advocating talking about your spouse in a positive way with your friends and NEVER with your friend’s spouse.