Clay’s connection to Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Foursquare and moreClay’s blog[audio:http://traffic.libsyn.com/andytraub/015LinchpinPodcast.mp3]
Right-click here to download the episode or listen on your mobile device
We Are NY Tech
Spark Boutik on Social Media ROI
Seth Godin on his own fame:
– “Getting in early and persisting like a crazy person matters.” – Seth Godin
– “I notice things and I tell people about what I notice. I try to be generous about telling. If someone can point out things to you that you already know but describe it in a way that helps you take action on it there becomes a really neat relationship.”
Example of “boring” client able to create valuable and free content (free .pdf that helps buyers and sellers simplify the complex NYC closing costs calculation)
– Jerry – Clay’s client we discussed
Traindom – On-line learning platform
– Linchpins can work for other people.
“That person sticks out.”
“That person took risks and that’s why they’re moving up the ladder.”
– “If all you do is what someone tells you to do then you can’t be a Linchpin.”
“There are no longer any great jobs where someone else tells you precisely what to do.” – Godin, Linchpin (262 – Kindle)
– How he found out about the Seth Godin Alternative MBA program
3:30am call from a friend telling him to read Seth’s post (which he does every day anyway)
Clay’s summary post about SAMBA – A Life Changed
The SAMBA application made you prove yourself. You couldn’t fake it.
Purple Cow at an airport in Chicago was the book that introduced him to Seth Godin.
The Cluetrain Manifesto
“On time is not the same as early.”
Stuart smalley and Michael Jordan skit
“I credit Seth with blowing up the education paradigm.”
We spent one week on design. A day on typography. A day on how to be a great client to a great designer.
“He didn’t want us to be great designers but he did want us to be able to work with great designers.”
He taught us about contracts and laws in light of the mistakes he made in the past.
The Personal MBA site
Buy The Personal MBA
“Lean in.” – Seth Godin
Leaning in creates movement and progress. It can also cause you to crash but momentum is not optional.
– Tribes Win
Helping big companies lead their tribes.
Platforms that allows you to meet more relevant people in an organization based on tags.
– Launchrock.com – One page site for your idea
Allows you to collect emails to see who wants updates
Seth Godin – First Ten post
If you have some thoughts on this episode you can:
– Call in feedback to 605-610-UASK (8275)
– Email me at [email protected] .
– Leave a comment by clicking on the title of this episode and looking at the bottom of the page.