- Enterprise taught professionalism and systems
- Entrepreneurial spirit led him to pursue self employment
- Introduced to Purple Cow in the hallway at Dell (Purple Cow)
- Enterprise leaders often have bad filters for following thought leaders (they follow them too easily)
- Willy nilly is dangerous for leaders
- Andy Stanley – “Leadership is a stewardship, it’s temporary and you’re accountable.”
- Successful entrepreneurs realize they can be more effective with a team
- Teams create a “momentum of success”
- When you work by yourself you have to create your own momentum all the time. That is tiring.
- http://devtheme.com/ – Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Does John want to hire Linchpins?
- Teams are successful when they combine. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Toilet paper is a need
- You can find emotional satisfaction on “a line” or in a world class startup.
- How to develop yourself continually…
- – Read a wide variety of literature
- – Comic books
- – Fiction
- – Business books
- Wolverine #50 cover
- John built Michael Hyatt’s blog
- http://michaelhyatt.com/3-bloggers-every-serious-blogger-should-be-following.html … humbling…
- Most classical institutions struggle with “free”.
- – “Free is the understood price.”
- – “Free is the rights to play.”
- – “If traffic is a metric of value for a blogger…then free work is of high value in this social economy.”
- – Compliments are free but they are leverage as well.
- Strengths Based Leadership
If you have some thoughts on this episode you can:
– Call in feedback to 605-610-UASK (8275)
– Email me at Feedback@LinchpinPodcast.com .
– Leave a comment by clicking on the title of this episode and looking at the bottom of the page.