If you’re on the fence about getting the new Apple TV I’m here to push you off. While the price has gone up (base model with 16 GB is $149) the functionality has skyrocketed.
If you’re on the fence about getting the new Apple TV I’m here to push you off. #DigiHowTo (highlight to tweet)
This Apple TV is all about the apps. Apple has opened the doors to the app store and it’s just a matter of time before there are tens of thousands of apps for the Apple TV just like there are over a million apps for other Apple devices.
The only app I’m really missing at this point is Amazon Prime Video but even if they never add it (and I think they will) I still think the device is worth it because of the games, Netflix, Siri capabilities and Airplay functionality between it and your Apple devices.
In this video I share some of the best games for the device as well as some basic functionality of the newly designed (and highly expensive to replace) remote.
Click here to watch video -> Apple TV 4 (2015) Features
Are you thinking of getting one?
- Light weight so it’s easy to carry in your bag
- You can keep your existing case on if it’s slim enough
- Designed specifically for Apple keyboard and fits iPads extremely well
- Works for all tablet models
- Multiple viewing angles
- Includes pads to make iPad air models fit better
- Collapses to become just a stand, holding iPad at a good angle to interact with the screen
- Wacom Bamboo stylus is a solid partner & storage space is built into the stand
- Overpriced by about $10 based on build materials.
- Leaves residue on iPad keyboard if you remove it multiple times
- Limited color choices (one)
BUY or PASS?
1. If you already have an Apple keyboard and want to use it more often,
2. Want great viewing angles
3. Want a stand to use but still use your existing case then it’s a great stand. I use the Kavaj iPad case that I do not like to take off so this case is perfect for me and my iPad case.
You can get the NimblStand system at NimblStand.com
I was given this unit by the manufacturer in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Evernote and Adonit recently released version 2 of their stylus. I was very excited about getting this but as you’ll see in the video below I think they’ve failed to create a functional stylus for one simple reason.
The Evernote Adonit Jot Script 2 stylus has great style and awesome charging functionality but ultimately fails because of one major design flaw.
Unfortunately it failed my tests with Evernote’s own note taking app Penultimate.
USB Magnetic charger
6 months of Evernote Premium included
Price vs. Performance
Forces you to turn off multi-touch gestures shortcut
Palm protection performance
App integration = Penultimate had lousy functionality or you have to buy non-Evernote $5 apps
Buy or Pass?
Pass. Too many bugs even though the hardware is solid. Most of all the loose tip makes the pen too difficult to use. Even with the six months of free premium Evernote included I’m sending mine back.
You can spend hundreds of dollars creating great lighting for your videos but most people simply need good lighting when they’re on Skype or other video chats. Here’s a video lighting setup tip that will save you a ton of money.
You’ll have to act fast to find it at your local Costco or look for an option on Amazon (link below the video).
Keys To A Great Video Lighting Setup
2. Low heat
3. Variable lighting tones
4. Small desk footprint
This lamp has all of these keys.
If you can’t find this lamp at Costco here’s another option from Amazon.com.
LAMPAT Dimmable LED Desk Lamp, 4 Lighting Modes (Reading/Studying/Relaxation/Bedtime), 5-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, 1-Hour Auto Timer, 5V/1A USB Charging Port, Piano Black