One of the most popular ways to effectively share our wants and wisdom is through a hot seat.
It’s a structured feedback session that clarifies the true problem.
Beginning problem: “I want to know how to sell more of this product”
Real problem: “I want to make more money”
– Facilitates effective questioning and good listening
– Questions are things we don’t know, not advice we give
– Don’t explain your question, ask it.
– Questions create clarity
– Produces multiple perspectives and solutions
– More questions create more solutions
– You will get contradictory advice, and you should
– Forces clear decision making
– Decisions are progress
– Commit to three decisions you’ll make in the next 30 days