Running time: 23:23
Right-click here to download the episode or listen on your mobile device
I can’t find anything in the fridge and it’s not my fault, it’s genetic.
Things to spot series. I love them! My dog ate them so I needed to get more for our son.
Sara says we should get a things to spot in the fridge book.
When I was a kid my mom would send me down to this pantry. It was like staring at one of those pictures that if you stare at long enough your eyes magically show a picture within a picture…but I could never do it!
“You don’t look at the picture” – Then what do I look at?
So what is it that you genetically stink at?
I’m not saying you’ll ever defeat it, it’s a lot like sin in that way.
You CAN improve it though.
- Picking up things around the house – MUCH better.
- Putting clothes in the hamper
- Doing stuff around the house
- Turning off devices at home…well, still working on that.
How do you deal with it? Do you get angry and wait for them to change tomorrow? Do you yell louder?
How’s that working for you?
You cannot change your spouse but you can encourage your spouse to change from within.
Treat them like a dog:
- Praise them when they do it right.
- Reward them
- Make it easy for them – give good directions – Get more excited as they get closer