- How a migrant worker converted MaryWells to have a natural childbirth
- How medications harmed a woman’s birth
- How the medication reached the newborn baby
- How Trey views natural childbirth as a husband
- Bradley Method / Husband Coached Childbirth is their method of choice
- The practitioner is a lifeguard in the Bradley Method
- Their birth will look like at home
- MaryWells advice to women about what care to accept in the hospital
- “Take your care into your own hands.”
- If you want to have a home birth “you’re not alone, you’re not crazy and you’re not a hippie.”
- Infant mortality rate comparison – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_infant_mortality_rate
- MaryWell’s thoughts on c-sections
- National c-section rates are rising and have doubled since 1996 – http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/national-c-section-rate-highest-ever-study-says-11553
- Why have women bought into the “medicated birth is better” story?
- Our culture has a mentality of pleasure at all costs so they see c-sections as a way to reduce pain.
- The pain has a purpose.
- Drugs can increase pain, the pain is just different.
- When you consider medical care you have to ask yourself who you’re placing your trust in. God created our bodies to heal themselves and for babies to be born.
- The medical community is made up of humans who are not unbiased or perfect.
- Decide what you need help with and what you can handle.
- Fear will ruin any type of childbirth.