Most of us have more than one program open at a time on our Mac but what’s the best way to move between them? You can use the keyboard shortcut Command + Tab but there’s another way that’s even more fluid. Here’s how to navigate through multiple programs on your Mac using your built in or external trackpad.
1. Set Trackpad Gestures
- Hold Command + Spacebar to open Spotlight
- Enter “Trackpad” (w/out quotes)
- Check “Swipe between full-screen apps – Swipe left or right with four fingers”
- Check “Mission Control – Swipe up with four fingers”
2. Open three programs then swipe up with four fingers
3. Drag one to the top and drop it onto a new desktop
4. Swipe up to see two desktops
5. Drag another program to a new desktop
6. Swipe up to see all three desktops w/ separate programs
7. Swipe left or right with four fingers to move between desktops/programs
[gss-content-box]If this post was helpful you can get them all via email by clicking here.[/gss-content-box]
How is this hack going to improve your work flow? Comment below!