You know that video is a powerful tool for teaching, connecting, and selling. Rainmaker does offer video file hosting but it’s limited to 5GB. In addition to the upload limit there are other reasons why I encourage you to use Vimeo to host your videos on Rainmaker.
In this post I’ll share why you should host your Rainmaker videos on Vimeo and how to set the protections in Vimeo to use videos in paid courses.
Why You Should Use Vimeo To Host Your Videos On Rainmaker
- Better controls over distribution. If you want to share your videos outside of your Rainmaker site then having them on Vimeo makes that simple.
- More space for videos. The Pro plan on Vimeo gives you 5GB of space every week and can be upgraded to 20GB per week.
- Better player controls. With Vimeo you can control the size of your embed, add links to the end of the video to direct viewers to a URL of your choice and choose the image displayed when someone sees your video embed but hasn’t started the video yet.
- Great security options. With Vimeo you can hide a video from the Vimeo public library, restrict access using a password, or restrict the video so it can only be played on a specific URL.
- Affordability. Vimeo PRO is less than $200 for a massive amount of control and space to upload videos. Vimeo isn’t a startup, they’re an established company that provides great products and service. The PRO version also allows you the permission to sell access to your videos.
Alternatives to Vimeo
Wistia is the most comparable service to Vimeo but users often complain that the cost goes up considerably the more videos and views you have on Wistia. Vimeo won’t charge you more if you have more than 100 videos, Wistia will.
Wistia has amazing support and stats and they’re a great company. If you can afford them or you want to use them for a few weeks to gain some good analytics on your videos then switch them to Vimeo then that’s also an option. It’s more trouble than I want to go through so I just stick with Vimeo PRO.
YouTube isn’t a viable option for hosting videos for your courses if you want to charge for your content because they don’t offer the protections that Vimeo or Wistia provide.
How To Protect Your Videos on Vimeo
In the video below you’ll learn how to protect your videos for your courses on Vimeo.
Vimeo Settings For Protecting Videos