Tom Ziglar shares why he’s learned more from his father Zig in the last four years than any other period and how each person can overcome discouragement by focusing on three key areas of life.
Running Time: 43:47
- There are two Hebrew words for selling; the transaction or anticipating the need someone has expressed it.
- There is moral responsibility in selling.
- Tom asked his father – “Other than integrity and character what is the most important thing you do to be successful?” His answer was “Persistent consistency.”
- Consistency – Do something every single day
- Persistence – Upping your game a little bit every time you do it.
- The eight things ever person wants to be/have – Happy, healthy, prosperous, peace of mind, security, good family relationships, friends, hope in the future.
- Your goals must fit into one of those eight areas or they’re not worth pursuing.
- “Every great failure is a moral failure.” – Fed Smith
- The crushing mistakes are the moral ones.
- There are absolutes.
- Zig Ziglar has been married 65 years.
- You can’t do a good deal with a bad guy.
- Dave Ramsey, Zig Ziglar and Andy Andrews are successful because of how they help others
- What happens when people steal Zig Ziglar material and try to apply the teachings?
- How did Tom get over a fear of being compared to his father?
- We create a false expectation of others routinely
- Who you are is the best you can be.
- Understand your strengths and find out what you love doing.
- Tom is a difference maker.
- What do we do when we get discouraged?
- Remember the wheel of life – those things that make up our lives.
- Three are absolutely critical – Physical, mental, spiritual
- If we take care of those three areas we can handle all the bumps or bruises that come.
- Tom’s morning routine that helps him grow in the three areas of physical, mental and spiritual
- Add positive things and get rid of negative things and you will weather storms that will come.
If you have some thoughts on this episode you can:
– Call in feedback to 615-200-TAKE (8253)
– Email me at [email protected].
– Leave a comment by clicking on the title of this episode and looking at the bottom of the page.